Friday, February 19, 2021

Ideas on Ideas...

Hi guys!

    So, after collaborating with my classmates we have decided on doing a documentary. When we did this project in class we really enjoyed it, so why not do it again? BUT, even better! We came up with an idea  for our documentary, but we are definitely still brainstorming on what we want to. One idea we had was doing a Competitive College Dance Team Series (University of Miami). We have two really close friends on the dance team at the University of Miami and we thought it would be a really unique idea to kind of make a series about the road to competition life in college. 
    Although we did do a whole lesson on documentaries; I wanted to refresh my memory a bit so I did some research and wanted to show you some key elements of a documentary. 
1) Interviews
2) Cutaways
3) “Chill Footage”  cinema verit
4) Process Footage
5) Archive

Below is an amazing link that explains those five key elements. 
    
I can't wait to officially meet with my group next Tuesday! I will share more ideas with you guys when I get them! See you soon! 



Xoxo, Janey 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

            The Next Step is a film surrounding collegiate dance teams, specifically the University of Miami Sunsastions.  Our production ac...